Friday, January 23, 2009

This too shall pass

The Lord blessed me with a scripture last night, to show me how He will bring me full circle. Christian or not, we all have circumstances or struggles in this life and they are only temporary. It's how we look at our circumstance as to where we will end up when it's all over. You know the saying "this too shall pass". It is soooo true. I was so encouraged by this and I wanted to share a bit and hopefully someone out there would be encouraged too. The first scripture that I have been hanging on to throughout this "circumstance" in my life is found in Romans chapter 5 verses 3 & 4:

And not only that, but we also glory in the tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.

I was okay that God was using this circumstance to change me and mold me, but He also would give me HOPE. I would wonder when and how. It has been about 2 months since all of this has been going on. Last night this scripture was found and I was so excited! It is found in Hosea chapter 2 verses 14 &15:

Therefore behold, I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her. I will give her her vinyards from there, and the vally of achor (meaning valley of trouble) as a door of hope; she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, as in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.

I have to be in the wilderness for a season so He can change me and bring me back to a place of newness and innocent faith. Back to the day when I was so enthralled by Him and how He brought me out of my "Egypt" or life of sin. He will use this valley of trouble to provide me a DOOR OF HOPE! He is so good to me. I have said this before, and I will say it again. He loves me enough to allow me to experience tribulation/wilderness so that He can bring me closer to Him; closer than ever before. Thank you Lord. I love you too.

2 comments: