Saturday, January 3, 2009

Amazing Christmas
















We had one of those Christmas's like you see in a movie. It all started Christmas Eve after Patrick and I had done the stockings and the kids were sound alseep. He asked me to sit down and watch a Christmas movie with him, which was weird considering Patrick goes to bed at 8 o'clock like an old man. When I sat down he had a beautiful box sitting on the coffee table. (Keep in mind we were not supposed to buy gifts for each other this year) When I opened the beautifully wrapped box, it was an amazing diamond ring. It was a ring that I had seen some time ago and said "that would be a nice ten year anniversary ring" (hint hint) Well we just celebrated our 8 year on the 23rd! What a man!! I am so lucky! I was soooo surprised! It is absolutely gorgeous. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL. After we were in bed a bit, we got a HUGE surpise. It was about 11:30pm when we went outside due to some racket and there were about 7 garbage bags out on our front porch. There was a card that said we had been a blessing to other lives and so they wanted to bless us. As we began to open all the bags, there were TONS of presents for our kids individually wrapped and labeled! It was unreal! Not only that but they got all four of our kids a bike! THEN we found presents for me and Patrick. You won't believe what else.....On top of all the kids presents, bikes, and presents for me and Patrick...we got a 2 gift cards! It was unbelievable!!! I had a hard time sleeping that night! Christmas morning, we sat the kids down and explained that someone wanted to bless us and that we should thank God for all the gifts. We prayed together and we read the Christmas story and then we dug in all the gifts! WOW!! I am still in shock about it all. God is so good to us! Thank you to our secret santa out there! We were truly blessed!






1 comment: